Missions Fast Facts
An unreached people group is a "people group within which there is no indigenous community of believing Christians able to evangelize this people group".
Estimates suggest that approximately 6,700 people groups are still considered unreached.*
Here are some fast facts about just the 50 largest unreached people groups,
· All 50 of these people groups have less than 2% Christ-followers
· Individuals in these groups may have very limited, if any, access to the Gospel.
· These 50 unreached people groups are comprised of 1.48 billion souls.
· One in five people on earth live in these 50 unreached peoples.
· Every group is larger than 10,000,000 in population.
· None have an indigenous church capable of taking the Gospel to the entire group.
· Primary religion: 23 are Muslim, 18 Hindu, 6 Buddhist, 2 Ethnic Religions, 1 non-Religious.
· 44 of these 50 unreached people groups are in the 10/40 Window, 47 are in sensitive countries.